An Open Letter To The Bachelor.

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dear Juan Pablo Galavis,
I'm going to start this by saying I had no idea who you were before I opened my Twitter feed this morning. I had no idea you were a Venezuelan soccer player and I had no previous opinions of you.
So gays shouldn't be allowed on The Bachelor? I'm still trying to wrap this around my head and try to understand where you were coming from but I honestly have no idea how logic works for you. I mean, I've spent all day thinking about how I wanted to address this and I gave myself a few hours to really let it sink in and see how I felt when I pondered on the ignorant remarks that were apparently 'misquoted'.
Not only are you saying you have gay friends but you're also calling them and every other gay individual a pervert. I mean, I'd love to know what you meant by this because I doubt it was misquoted and taken out of context as you say. We get English is your second language but come on, dude.. you really expect people to believe you didn't mean pervert but instead you were going for intense and affectionate? How would you possibly get that mixed up with pervert? Also, the whole time you kept saying you respected homosexuals so I'm going to just assume it was to cover up your own close-minded opinion and absurd beliefs on gay people.
You mean to tell me gay people are perverted but there's nothing wrong with dating over two dozen woman.. on national television? Is that supposed to be normal because to me, it's more outlandish than a homosexual. I mean, you are putting these relationships out in the open, getting to know these woman and also being affectionate and more than likely having sex with these woman. You're putting these woman against each other and they're all competing to be with you. There's nothing wrong with that to you? Although I've never seen this show, I read that you had these woman strip down for a photo shoot. So.. that's okay for your daughter to see but not two men or two woman being on this show? Not even just your daughter but for children to see a grown man having woman strip down to take pictures and compete for your "love", that's okay?
There's nothing "too hard" for people to watch if a gay man or woman was on that show, what's so hard to grasp? They're on that show for the same exact reason you are; to find love. What is so wrong with people, who are the same as you trying to find their chance at love? Sure, let this happen and you may have children seeing this and asking their parents why there are two men or two woman kissing on the television. Open the gates to let kids know that there are different types of love in the world, not just one.
Would there be a big difference between explaining why you're kissing another woman or why a man is kissing another man? "They're on this show to find love, Hunny.." should be the answer to both scenarios.
Please tell me how a gay version of The Bachelor is going to be so much harder to watch than a straight version? What exactly is going to be so different from any other season there has been? I'm going to go out on a limb here and just assume you don't agree with having a gay Bachelor because you just picture these sexual acts between men. You're not looking at it from the point of finding love, but lust. You think we're all just crazy sex-fiends and the Bachelor would spend the entire time trying to sodomize these contestants. That's the only logical explanation I could possibly have for this inconsiderate response on your part.
Let me go back to you having friends, especially the one that you're really close to. How do you think these "friends" are going to respond to your remarks? If I were your friend, I would of dropped you the instant I read that interview. For them being your close friends, you sure don't seem to have much support for them. Honestly, you sound like a really shitty friend and you don't deserve them. I'm going to make another assumption that I'm about 95% sure I'm right on; when you told them that you were going to be on The Bachelor, how'd they respond? I bet they were happy for you. I bet they wished you the best and they told you that they hoped you'd find your dream girl on that show. That's what a real friendship is.. someone who supports you no matter what, even if you want to be on national television dating twenty five woman hoping to find "the one".
Educate yourself. That interview showed who you truly were and it was a very ugly person. I hope your friends, the gay perverted ones really give you a hard time about this. I hope you can see how badly you've hurt them. Learn to understand that there are going to be people different than you, who don't need to go on a show and make woman strip down hoping to be chosen to fall in love with you. There is absolutely no difference between two men falling in love or two woman or a man and a woman. Love is love and it sees no gender. I'd also advise you to take another English class because getting perverted confused with the words affectionate and intense is just a ridiculous thing to do.
Best of luck to you,

Steven Beaudry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Page Previous Page Home